BASH recognizes the most outstanding high school student work in broadcast journalism and video production.
- Best Opening Segment
- Best Anchor Team
- Best Sports Package
- Most Entertaining Package
- Best School News Package
- Best Community News Package
- Best Public Service Announcement
- Best Broadcast
- Special category for 2019: nextLI Video Contest*
*Sponsored by Newsday. Different submission deadlines apply. Click here for more information.
How to apply:
- Online applications will be available starting Monday, January 7, 2019.
- Click on each category, above, to be directed to the application.
- Complete the online application for each respective awards category.
- Each district may enter one submission in no more than six categories.
- All entries must have been produced during the 2018-19 school year.
- Videos should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Entries are due on Monday, April 8, 2019.
- A panel of judges will evaluate each entry based on the overall excellence of the finished product.
- Winners will be announced at the 2019 BASH on Friday, May 3, 2019 at Stony Brook University. Members of the district media class need to be present to accept awards. Register for the event here.
Questions? Issues submitting the application? Contact Erika Karp at email@example.com or 631-632-7637.