nextLI’s video contest invites students to document their interactions with culture, race, ethnicity and gender through the lens of their high school experience.
- nextLI is a platform for theses stories to be told, as well as a forum for students to discuss similar and different experiences.
- Students are asked to highlight both the challenges and progress toward building a more inclusive school environment.
- The semi-finalists will be chosen by online voting on next.newsday.com.
- Semi-finalists will have an opportunity to work with Newsday journalists to polish their presentations.
- nextLI judges will select the finalists who will be announced at the 2019 Broadcast Awards for Senior High - BASH - at Stony Brook University.
- The subject matter must focus on culture, race, ethnicity and gender issues in the high school setting.
- Videos should no more than three minutes.
Submissions due: March 1, 2019 at midnight
Voting opens: March 7, 2019 at noon
Voting closes: April 7, 2019 at midnight
Semi-finalists Announced: April 11, 2019 at noon
Finalists Announced: May 3, 2019