We have alumni who work for Hearst in Connecticut who may be good to talk to about the company if you want to pursue this. See attached. Job contact: Sheryl Shaker — info below.
Calling all newshounds! If you’ve got a nose for news, a keen eye for a good story, and are passionate about the local sports scene, we’d like you to join our team. We’re a small energetic and focused group that delivers news on nine websites that represent four daily and five weekly Hearst newspapers in the powerful Fairfield County market; ctpost.com, newstimes.com, greenwichtime.com, stamfordadvocate.com, dariennewsonline.com, fairfieldcitzenonline.com, newcanaannewsonline.com, newmilfordforum.com, westport-news.com Our locally-focused news sites have a combined reach of more than 28 million page views per month.
The producer is responsible for helping keep our web sites fresh and our audience informed, paying special attention to how we deliver sports news to our audience. The producer curates and packages content from multiple sources, including the papers’ editorial staff and local and non-local online news sites. The producer serves as an online gatekeeper for curating great content for our readers, including stories, videos and photos, editing copy and writing headlines.
Familiarity with Fairfield County, its communities, culture, including sports, is recommended. Outside the box problem solving and fresh ideas for a changing media landscape are a plus.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Using news judgment to curate content, combing local and non-local online news resources for relevant stories, photos, blogs and videos for our readers
· Encouraging great interactive journalism through new and emerging technologies like Twitter, live blogs and video
· Editing copy and writing headlines
· Monitoring and acting on metrics related to the growth of the online news audience
· Developing healthy communication channels to provide feedback on what kinds of content drive audience response
· Identifying new business or social media opportunities
· Coordinating online sports coverage with sports editors and reporters
· 3+ years online news experience
· Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with digital news production
· Experience in a news environment
· Fluency in social media
· Proven time and project management skills
· Bachelor’s degree