Each year the University solicits nominations of alumni age 40 and under who are making exceptional contributions in their respective professions or in their communities and who reflect the impact of a Stony Brook degree.
This year three graduates of the School of Journalism were among those honored.
Adrian Carrasquillo '09
White House Correspondent, BuzzFeed News
• Covered national Latino politics leading up to the 2016 Presidential election
• Recipient of the Elaine Rivera Civil Rights & Social Justice Award from the National Association of Hispanic Journalists
• Appeared on MSNBC regarding President Trump’s appeal to Hispanic voters
Dani Klupenger ’13
BA Journalism, BS Business Management
Reporter, Los Angeles Rams
•Host of "Rams Nation" (Fox) and co-host of "What the Hekk" radio show (ESPN)
•Former sports reporter/producer for University of Tennessee and SEC Network
Amanda Marzullo ’11
Multimedia Specialist, NJ Advance Media
• 2016 New York Emmy Award winner for best “Human Interest: Program/Special”
• Photojournalist covering pro New York and New Jersey sports teams